Safety and security are paramount in your Airbnb. Here are our top tips and products to help keep your guests safe. Airbnb has a commitment to safety, security, and privacy. Make assessments of your Airbnb and install the appropriate safety equipment in the immediate area. More than 364,300 residential fires were reported in 2016 and over 50% of these fires were due to cooking and 10% caused by heating.
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
These are a must-have in all homes and especially in your Airbnb. Have your cleaners check them regularly as you may find that guests remove the battery if it goes off unexpectedly. If you don’t have detectors in your property then you need to make it your priority to install them.
PRO TIP: For an active listing, Airbnb is giving detectors away for FREE.
- Hardwired CO smoke alarm features battery backup for constant monitoring
- Can connect to other compatible BRK or First Alert CO smoke detectors
- Lights indicate if the alarm is for smoke or for carbon monoxide
- Single test/silence button for simple operation
- Side-load battery compartment for convenience
This is more of a must-have if you have gas hobs inside the property. It’s all too easy for your guests to accidentally start a fire when they are using a cooker that they’re not used to. Fire blankets are great from stopping frying pan fires.
- Emergency survival fire blanket ideal for the kitchen, fireplace, grill, car, camping and so on
- Extinguish various types of fire by suffocating it, including liquid and grease fire
- Can also be used to wrap around your body and act as a heat shield
- Isolates high temperatures up to 1076℉ or 580℃
- Meets EN-1869：1997 specifications for cooking fire suppression
These cheap lifesavers should be placed in plain sight and in an obvious and accessible location. The three main types of fire extinguisher are water, foam and carbon dioxide. Water and foam extinguishers are great for the bedroom and living room, whereas for electrical fires you should have carbon dioxide extinguisher.
Safety Deposit Box
If you want to go the extra mile you can purchase a safe similar to the ones used in hotels. Your guests will love you for it as they will know their valuables are safe and sound.
Pro tip: Purchase hotel style safes that allow the user to alter the code anytime they like.
- Heavy-duty, rugged & reliable safe Box - electronic lock system with mechanical override
- Includes (2) keys for Manual safe access - front panel digital touch button control pad
- Customizable password/key Code setting - reinforced solid steel wall construction
- Dual security steel door locking bolts - corrosion & stain-resistant powder coat finish
- Pre-drilled holes for wall/floor mounting - battery operated digital panel: Requires (4) x 'AA' batteries
Meet the Government Regulations
We recommend checking your local government safety codes then adhere to these as if you were a general rental property.
Once you have updated your safety and security include them in your listing amenities. This will help encourage guests to book and may even improve your Airbnb search rankings.