We were on Flexible but thinking of changing it to Strict? What are you thoughts, will i get less bookings?
Airbnb perfect a Flexible policy so guests can cancel, they reward you for doing this by increase your search views a little. Having a strict policy can make people slightly nervous when booking.
* Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival, except fees
* Moderate: Full refund 5 days prior to arrival, except fees
* Strict: 50% refund up to 1 week prior to arrival, except fees
I always set mine to Strict but even when they cancel i often refund them any way if they have a good excuse. (I’m just too kind)
Airbnb have a new grace policy, which allows the Booker to cancel with 48 hours.
* Limited-time refund within 48 hours after booking when the check-in date is at least 14 days away
* Guests must cancel within 48 hours after booking and can only cancel if their check-in date is 14+ days away. This means that no matter how far out your guests book, they only have 48 hours from the time they book to cancel for free. We want to make sure that if guests change their mind, you have enough time to get another booking.