Always be checking
Bed Bug Life Cycle
The life cycle starts as an egg, then nymph and finally onto an adult bug. An adult female can lay nearly 130 eggs, but they need to feed on hosts to molt from one stage of the life cycle to another. They need approximately 5-6 weeks to complete a life cycle and can lay dormant for up to 1-year without feeding.
Deal With The Issue Immediately
- At the first sign of bugs strip all sheets, linen and curtains etc… and have this washed at high temperatures.
- Tumble dry any delicates that you cannot wash at a high temperature. Things like teddy bears etc…
- Scrub with a hard bush the folds of the mattress.
- Vacuum clean everything; especially the small cracks in the bed frames and draws. Once you have completed vacuum empty the bags immediately, otherwise you risk them crawling back out.
- Do the above frequently to ensure you get them all.