As you probably know reviews on Airbnb make up a large part of the ecosystem. Reviews create trust for new guests attempting to book somewhere to stay. On the flip side, it can help hosts know if they should let their property to certain guests.
Both parties (hosts and guests) have 14-days after checkout to review their stay at the apartment. Once both reviews have been posted this will appear on the account of the guests or hosts.
Once both reviews have been posted the reviews can not be edited. They can only be removed from the system if they break the Airbnb review guidelines.
How to review guests
Writing reviews isn’t always as easy as you might think. Write a fair, honest review about the guests stay so future hosts know what to expect.
Before reviewing, think about the following:
- Was the state of the property reasons with fair usage. If they leave their towels around and leave the bed unmade. This is not cause for giving them a bad review. On the other hand, if they broke something and didn’t inform you, then you within your rights to mention this.
- Be objective, did they have young children for example in the property. If so then it’s likely going to be messier than normal.
- Did they attempt to clean up after themselves?
- Have they stained sofas or carpets?
- Do you charge a high cleaning fee? If so, they may think that they can leave the property without attempting to clean up after themselves.
- Did they disturb your neighbours with loud music?
- Did they smoke inside the property? (We personally give a very bad review for this)
You have the opportunity to rate the guests on the following criteria. Cleanliness, Communication and Observance of house rules. Each of these is rate out for 5-stars. Also, get the opportunity to leave a written public review, private comment and if you recommended them. The private comment being used for a personal message that will not be published. If you don’t recommend guests, then this can automatically affect their ability to instant book.
Some review template that you can use
- <Guest Name> was a lovely guest; communicative, gracious and appreciative. We recommend <Guest Name> 100%.
- <Guest Name> is a wonderful guest, easy-going, very kind and polite. We would love to have them stay with us again.
- Cheerful, communicative, respectful, a pleasure to host, highly recommended
- <Guest Name> and her family were great guests. They took care of our home and treated it with respect. We’d highly recommend them and would invite them back. Our home was spotless and clean when they left right down to clean dishes. Thank you.
- Very cheery couple, unfortunately, did not get the pleasure to talk to them after checking in, but they are certainly welcome back.
- <Guest Name>’s family are great company and very warm, fun and friendly. It was a pleasure to have them all stay with us. They are wonderful guests and left the place spotless. We highly recommend them as guests to any host.
- <Guest Name> and her family are really nice and kind people. It was easy to communicate, they were respectful to the space. I would definitely recommend to all Airbnb hosts.
- Perfect 5 star ***** Airbnb guest! I’m happy to have hosted you and would welcome again in the future 🙂 thank you!
- Great guest. Easy communication, treated the place well and left it clean and tidy – even loaded the dishwasher and ran a cycle. Would welcome them back any time.
- <Guest Name> was a great guest. He was extremely neat and left the apartment in great shape. We would be pleased to host <Guest Name> I can and we highly recommend him to anyone who may be considering his reservation request.
- Very respectful and tidy. They get my 100% recommendation.
- <Guest Name> and her friend were lovely guests. Friendly and polite with good communication. They left the place clean and tidy and are welcome back anytime.
- <Guest Name> and her group were a pleasure to host, easy and prompt communication throughout and left the house as good as they found it. Thanks <Guest Name> and welcome back anytime
- It was a pleasure to have <Guest Name> and her partner at my apartment! Excellent guest. Very sympathetic, polite, clean and quiet. Exemplary behaviour. No problem at all. Totally recommended!
- <Guest Name> was a great guest. She was very friendly and all communication was very smooth. Discrete and quiet without causing any complaints by the neighbourhood, she was respecting all the house rules. The apartment when she left was as if it was just cleaned! We strongly recommend <Guest Name> to any host and we look forward to seeing her again.
- <Guest Name> were fantastic guests who I also had the pleasure of meeting when they checked in. These were 5-star guests who exceeded my requirements and I would not hesitate to have them back as guests. I highly recommend them to other Airbnb hosts.
Example of negative Airbnb reviews that you can leave for guests
Leaving a bad review doesn’t affect your future Airbnb bookings. So it’s important to be honest
- Guests were smoking in the apartment leaving bad smell in the property for the next guests, even though it was explicit that smoking was prohibited inside the apartment.
- Poor communciation they didn’t inform us on their arrival time and we didn’t have any one available when they did arrive
- Left the apartment slightly messy, we would have appreciated it if they would have put the plates into the dishwasher as we the house rules.
- Communication was good, however, they left the front door open leave the property unsecured.
- <Guest name> arrived with more guests than they specified on the booking, we left them stay, however, we should have charged extra.
- Great communication and arrived on time, however, left the apartment in a mess like they possibly had a party.
- Not a recommended guest! Left the apartment messy, various neighbours complained and we need to contact Airbnb to have them evicted.