You’ve started hosting and you’re doing a good job getting mainly four and five-star reviews. These Airbnb secrets will help turn those four-stars into five-stars. With all of these items, you can mention them in your Airbnb description to help you stand out from the crowd and get that booking.
1Provide Power Adapters
Guests travel with all types of electrical goods and more often than not they will forget to bring a local power adapter or may not have enough for the group travelling with them.
Arranging for spare power adapters to be made available at your property can make all the difference to your guests and they will only cost you a few dollars outlay.
PRO TIP: Purchase plugin extension adapters, or plugin USB adapters. This will avoid the possibility that the guests might accidentally take them with them when they leave.
- DEPENDABLE SAFETY: The shell is made of PC engineering plastic, built-in inflaming retarding copper cable, avoid to occur fire accident. The 1.8m(5.9ft) extension cord can bring less resistance and heat, eco electricity usage, energy saving and provide a higher safety measure. The high quality materials and ergonomic design make this extension lead safer
- OVERLOAD PROTECTION: High-quality circuit breaker was assembled in for overload protection, this power strip will automatically cut off power when working current exceeds rated current, prevent overloading circuits and protect the devices from spikes, fire or other unsafe cases
- HIGH SPACE UTILIZATION: Reasonable outlet design makes the large plugs will not block each other and provides enough space, which increases socket utilization
- INDIVIDUAL SWITCHED & WALL MOUNTED: Independent Switch and Independent indicator lamp structure for complete control with power, more energy saving and more save. Power strip back wall-mounted unique design: makes you easily to keep it in any place
- TYPICAL APPLICATIONS: Universal gang power ideal to use in US, UK, AU, EU with UK Fused Plug, suitable for people travel in Europe, Not suited for all UK plugs side by side. This extension lead ideal for Hi Fi, Audio Visual, Computer and Laptops, TV, Home Cinema, Multi-Media, Games Console, PS4 X-Box 360, Peripherals etc
2Attract More Families
When it comes to renting out your property on Airbnb having families stay is often a safe bet. Having a family stay reduces the likeliness of parties and late-night noises. One way of encouraging families is to mention in your posting that your property has a cot or that you are able to provide one. This will turn potential bookers into actual bookers as it will help your listing stand out from others and, more importantly, guests that have small children will love you for it.
The cots themselves will only cost you approximately $30 and avoids the need for guests to bring their own for newborn babies. When not in use they can then be neatly folded away and put into storage.
- Fully safety tested
- Easy to Assemble
- Fully padded top rails
- Includes carry bag
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
3Live Like a Local
Try to have some local travel guides / books readily available in the property for your guests to use. Make them aware that these are for their benefit. More often than not guests arrive with a vague idea of what they want to see and do whilst in the area. These travel guides / books will help them a great deal in putting together their itinerary.
PRO TIP: Try to find guides that are a little different and provide information that only locals normally show you.
- Tom Greig, Photography by Sam Mellish
- Publisher: Luster
- Edition no. 2018 (03/07/2018)
- Paperback: 259 pages
Provide a taxi service for the guests to collect them from the airport or train station. Arriving in a new county can be nerve-racking and exciting in equal measure. But getting lost on public transport is no fun with lots of luggage.
Contact your local RELIABLE taxi service and ask them for a fixed fee for collecting your guests from the airport. When your guests book your Airbnb, reach out to them and ask if they would like a taxi to collect them from the airport. If the answer is yes, then just call/email your local taxi agents to collect your guests. Ensure they use welcome boards and stand INSIDE the airport to wait for guests.
If you live in a city where they use electronic travel cards and you have fairly good fixed fees for travelling on buses or trains then consider providing these for free to your guests. These will help your guests get around that much easier. At most these will cost you a few dollars each day the guests use them, but it can be worth it if gets you more bookings over time.